Another, second training meeting took place this time in Northern Macedonia. The project partner is SOU Gimnazija Koco Racin high school in Veles. The topic of the meeting was "Using social media in classroom (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat)".
*Content and methodology
- Education in 21 century: Learning 2.0
- Using social media in classroom (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and Snapchat).
Day 1 Started with the inaugural lecture entitled "Education in the 21st century: Learning 2.0". We could get to know and show the great social and cultural power of new technologies and the fact that there is a strong relationship between education and technology. The use of technology in education can significantly increase, support and justify various pedagogical activities. At the same time, there is a new responsibility for teachers.
Day 2 Thanks to this lecture, we learned about the role of social sciences in the digital age and their impact on changes in contemporary society and culture. The detailed issues of the lecture are:
- sociology in the digital age,
- philosophy in the digital age,
- socio-political changes,
- moral diversity and complexity.
The lecture showed us how modern social sciences express trends, conventions and life fears of today's society, how social sciences were and are a showcase of national views, slang, morality, customs, traditions, racial attitudes etc. and how they change in the era digital.
Day 3, Day 4 During the "Take an idea" workshop, we were engaged to independently search and use social media in the classroom. Modern teachers use many different techniques for educational purposes to combine information, but they still do not attract the attention of students, so we were presented with techniques used by digital teachers. We were presented with numerous examples of planning, creating and using social media in contemporary school.
Day 5 The last day was devoted to visiting local memorial sites, museum chambers and other very interesting places.
* Results: The most important of this training program was to show us that thanks to the digital contribution to teaching skills, you can significantly improve educational processes, improve the authority of a modern teacher, and oppose old, inefficient pedagogical practices. Digital pedagogy is a legitimate and powerful tool for a new trend in education, a tool that can bring about general changes in education.